ForecastRx primarily utilizes syncs when importing large amounts of information. However, when modifying large amounts of data in a time-efficient manner, and uploading information not included in syncs, we recommend using CSV and Excel files. This document will attempt to establish a workflow that can be utilized for all the various types of uploads that ForecastRx supports.
Default Required Template: This generates and downloads a blank template with all required header information that will allow the user to populate their own information before upload. Each template is unique and named appropriately for each grid area, so please be sure to use the correct one.
Custom Template: This generates and downloads a blank template with the optional field headers that are currently displayed in your custom grid layout. The purpose of the custom template is so unnecessary headers are not downloaded and the user can focus on specific data. Fill out the template and upload it into the respective grid.
Download Data: This will export all of the data in a specific grid view. In most cases, this includes the applied sort and filter options applied. Exports from Purchasing screens can be used for documentation or further off-line analysis. These exports can be used to make bulk edits and imported back into ForecastRx by selecting "Update Existing Entries" instead of "Create New Entries".
Upload Data: This is used to import information into ForecastRx. After modifying a ForecastRx template, grid export, or using your own data file, the changes can be easily uploaded in a consistent format. Data can be uploaded by "Update Existing Entries", which is used when you want to edit or add information to an existing line item such as information on a SKU, PO, or Supplier. You can also use "Create New Entries" to add new line items to the grid, such as adding a new Supplier.
1. Enter data into a ForecastRx template, downloaded grid data, or have your own CSV or Excel file ready with the relevant information.
2. Navigate to the ForecastRx page where you would like to upload the data (Items, Supply, etc.)
Select Bulk Management > Upload Data
3. Select whether you are updating existing entries or creating new entries, and then hit Import.
4. Upload your file in this window. If you are unsure of what data can be populated here and what is required, click on the example file on the top left of the screen to see the column options and their purpose.
5. Select the header row of your data. The top row will automatically be selected, but if that is not your header row or column, that can be changed here. Click next to continue.
6. Map columns: Here you will select which spreadsheet columns have data you would like imported into ForecastRx. If the column headers in your file are the same as ForecastRx, they will automatically connect to the correct column name. When this is complete, hit Next.
If the column headers in your file do not match the column headers in ForecastRx, select from the dropdown which column of your sheet matches the information needed. For example, if a column in your spreadsheet is named "Vendor Name", and that is the correct information to enter into the ForecastRx "Supplier Name", you will map those together in this section.
Map Columns will show all possible fields for the selected grid. If you are not uploading data to a column, leave the dropdown set to "Select a column". If you have additional data in your spreadsheet, it will not be uploaded unless mapped to a specific template field.
Note: Do not include or map columns with blank cells. Doing so will cause the blank cells to override and delete data already in ForecastRx. For example, if you upload a column for "Supplier Name" without the data filled in, it will delete the information that already exists in the Supplier Name column in ForecastRx.
7. Verify Data: If required data is missing or there is an error in the formatting, the error cells will display red and an explanation of the error will appear at the bottom of the screen. This information can be corrected on this screen, or fixed in your spreadsheet and uploaded again. Once this is complete, hit Submit.
8. Upload Complete: If the upload was successful, you will return to the previous screen in ForecastRx and your uploaded data will be reflected in the grid.
If any additional errors occur, the Import Errors screen will appear and call out the lines with errors that could not be uploaded. Fix the errors and import data again using the previous steps.
If you would like to schedule a meeting with a member of our team—let us know, we are here to help!