Some people, over time, will have errors with the QBWC. These range from common installation issues, infrequent upgrade errors, or irregular run time errors.
Please remember that Intuit developed and supports the QBWC. ForecastRx does not possess the ability to re-program it or fix bugs. We hope this guide helps you recover from issues related to QBWC.
In most cases, it is simplest to uninstall and reinstall a stable version. You can do it in 15 minutes.
Follow these simple steps to do it fully.
- Go to add/remove programs.
- Find QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Click the Uninstall button.
Note: The uninstaller often leaves QBWC related registry keys which can cause problems with future reinstalls! Be CAREFUL when working with the Windows key registry.
- Click START
- Type Run [hit enter]
- Type ‘regedit' and click OK.
- Click File > Export and backup your registry
- Save the file somewhere convenient in case of an issue
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Intuit \QBWebConnector by expanding and clicking the plus symbols as needed.
- Right click on the QBWebConnector key and choose Delete
- Click OK to confirm
- Browse to the program install folder to be sure no files were left there by the program's uninstaller. If there are any there, delete this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBWebConnector
- Restart your computer
- Go here to reinstall the web connector:
Of course, if you run into any problems with the re-installation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help offer assistance as necessary.